Sunday 27 October 2013

Day 27 - Signs

Day 27 - Signs

This time last year, all the signs I saw were so negative. But this year, we have with us the greatest sign of hope - Caleigh. Dan was only just saying to me that 2013 will be the first year in over 3 years that we have not faced struggles or tragedy. Touch wood!! But in Caleigh, we have hope again. And happiness and laughter. 
Caleigh is a sign of joy, a sign that miracles happen, that infertility isn't always unbeatable, that rainbows come after the storm, that we are a strong couple, that you should never give up and that the smallest people really can change your lives so enormously. 

Caleigh is also a sign to remember Isla. We will tell Caleigh about Isla, so her memory will live on. I also see signs of Isla in Caleigh. Her brow and her little sloped nose. Her long fingers and perfect head! Signs of Isla live in Caleigh and that, to me, is so fantastic. 
---------------------------------------
2012 Entry

Day 27 Capture Your Grief - Artwork

Two pieces of art I have put in my picture today.

1. Night and Her Train of Stars by Edward Robert Hughes.The priest at the Saying Goodbye service in Exeter Cathedral explained how his wife loves this painting following her own baby losses. He didn't necessarily explain why, but I love it. I have thought of it as all the lost babies being comforted in the sky by the beautiful night. They are safe and shine brightly.

2. Mewstone and Rainbow by Toby Ray. I grew up in the same village as Toby and have bought a couple of his pieces in the last couple of years. The Mewstone is a rock in the sea by the village of Wembury in Devon. We scattered Dad's ashes from a yacht there last Easter, as he wished for us to do. The rainbow is significant to all angel mums as a sign of hope amidst the grey, miserable storm. It is beautiful ~ though it cannot take away the storm itself, it is a sign that it will end and sunshine shall return. To have both those things in one piece of art really touched me when I saw Toby post this picture just the other day. I have bought 4 cards of the print and have put the A4 print on my Christmas list!


No comments:

Post a Comment